Matcha Chocolate Cheesecake

27.4.12

Matcha Chocolate Cheesecake

for my mom's birthday this year, i made her a cheesecake. i was already researching on the entremet i wanted to make, only to hear her say "actually, i love cheesecakes" at the last minute and that really put me in a panic mode. in my 7+ years of baking i don't think i attempted much cheesecakes and i didn't wanna make something i hadn't made before. baking for occasions is just not the time for experimenting. hence i turned to something i made before in my very early days of when i started baking and had good results from it.

Matcha Chocolate Cheesecake

the recipe for this two-layer cheesecake is from crave : cheese desserts to die for by mac woo & june lee. having bought the book back in 2006, it remains one of my favorite til this day coz the recipes are really good. mac & june are the owners of obolo by the way, a local patisserie known for their cheesecakes and entremets. this cheesecake is creamy and not too sweet. the chocolate layer is really good, so is the matcha layer but i would go with more matcha next time. i stuck with 1 tbsp (which is obviously too little for me) but i didn't know if my family likes matcha so i didn't wanna go overboard.

Matcha Chocolate Cheesecake

decorating cheesecakes is obviously not my forte. having made so much entremets which require glazing and using choc decor to hide any imperfections, this feels really naked & bare and i'm totally not happy that the cake doesn't look as refined as i like. but i'm just glad it was good and my family enjoyed it.



recipe source - crave : cheese desserts to die for by mac woo & june lee

*recipe removed due to copyright restrictions.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images

.

Followers